Wednesday, May 29, 2013

quilt sightings

 I always get a kick out of seeing my kids use the quilts we have around the house. Whenever I do see them making forts or having a snuggle, it motivates me to keep making more. And reminds me that I want each of them to have their own mama-mades. This afternoon, I saw my oldest son (12) lounging on the floor, covered in my "out on a limb" quilt for comfort, playing with one of his younger sister's stuffed animals (because it just happened to be lying nearby). It was a lazy, cozy picture.

Even better, he then fell asleep just like that. Oh, it makes me smile. And think of all the times I've pulled one of those quilts over my body, head included, and done just this: nap.

This boy doesn't take naps very often at all anymore. In fact, I can't remember the last time he did. Maybe a growth spurt coming on? Whatever the cause, I'm glad he grabbed a mama-made to doing his sleeping with. Someday soon he'll get his very own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a kind word is always appreciated. thank you for your visit.